Monday, August 3, 2009

Repainting the House - Day One

We have finally begun repainting the house! There is paint on here that I think has been here for nearly fifty years! The people I bought the house from were flippers, and they had a painter spray on the light brownish color without any scraping, sanding or prep of any kind. My son and I are now embarking on the arduous task of removing not only the flipper's spray, but also all the peeling, alligatored, just MESS that is on the house, and, at this point, applying two coats of primer. Check out the slide show, as you can tell, there is a LOT of house left to go!

Sorry for the bad quality, I took the photos right after we were done for the day, it was right at dusk, and my camera doesn't like that. Also, we are seemingly jumping all around the house because I thought to make it a priority to get the barest boards (and there are several!) prepped and primed, to try to stave off rot.




No comments:

Post a Comment