Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Promotion, and Thanks

Thanks largely to the ever so helpful SQL Server Community, I have been promoted from Quality Tech to Quality Systems Analyst!

I have spent the last two years learning SQL Server mostly from SQL blogs and forum posts, and the work I have been able to produce has helped our business, who in turn rewarded me with a promotion. I am pleased as punch to get it, and look forward to the work I will be able to do to further our efficiency and cost reduction through the presentation and use of our manufacturing data. (I've got the business speak down!)

Mainly, though, I want to thank the SQL server community somehow, and the best way I know how to do that is to give back to that community. Somehow. Over the next weeks and months, I will focus my blog more on helping as I can, and try to come up with other ways to give back, and to help other 'Accidental DBA's'

Meanwhile, I'm just stoked that all the time spent squinting at the screen has paid off! Thanks to everybody that helped make it possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment